I was thinking to myself the other day "its about time I got myself a blog". After a brief amount of research I came across this site, blogger.com. It then struck me, I had a vague recollection of setting up a blog and sure enough, I entered my details and up it came.
What can I say, it has been over a year since my first entry, not acceptable in my book, so will be trying to keep things a bit more up to date.
I am still working the the same printers I was last year when I started my blog, but have been off work since November 2007. Unfortunately I developed 'Shingles' which has knocked me for six and left me unable to work. Its not until you are in a situation like this that you start to appreciate being well and able to do all the things you want to do. Another thing that has come up through being ill is how hard it is to survive. I have been a hard working young single person, who finally managed to get himself a flat, a reasonably well paid job and now I am in a time of need, not much is there to help me. Currently I receive SSP (Statory Sick Pay) which the government considers far to much money to be entitled to any income support, so therefore I can not claim FREE prescriptions, so I have to scrounge to find the money each month I am signed off, however if I was unemployed due to any other reason (laziness for example) I would receive income support and therefore get free medication, Hmmmmmmmmmmmm, now does that make sense? Fortunately I have been sensible and took out protection on my Mortgage and my Loan, but this is only covered for a year, after that, IF I am ill long term its sell up and move home to the parents, but why should I after working so hard to get where I am?!
Ok, I think I will leave it at that for now, lots more to catch up on and PLENTY more to rant about believe you me.
No comments:
Post a Comment